In this type of seizure, it is possible for the person to shout, fall, shake or have spasms and not realize what is happening around them.
What to do?
- Carefully lay the person on the floor.
- Gently, turn the person gently on a side. This will help with the breathing.
- Remove hard or sharp objects from the area around the person to prevent injuries.
- Put the person's head on something soft and flat, like a folded jacket.
- Take off the person's glasses, if wearing any.
- Loosen the tie or anything around the person's neck that may make breathing difficult.
- Measure the duration of the seizure. Call emergencies if the seizure goes on longer than 5 minutes.